New to the forum | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New to the forum

plumbnut

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer xlt
Im new to the forum but not new to Ford Explorers. I've purchased two new ones and one used one.

First Explorer was a 1991 model and had it 5 or 6 years until the now ex-wife rolled it after being broadsided after an 18 wheeler directed her out into trafffic and a car was coming......her fault of course. Rolled it 3 times and knocked her shoes off. She walked away.

Second explorer was a 1999 Eddie Bauer model and kept it until 2002 when I was divorced.

Friday I bought a 2000 Explorer XLT with 6 month old tires in great shape with 195,000 miles v6 sohc engine for 1500.00.

Drivers rear quarter glass was leaking a little but previous owner kept in a garage and did not drive it in the rain. I emoved and replaced the seal. No more leak!!!!

Power mirrors did not work....I pryed the switch out and re-connected the wiring harness. Works now!!!!!!

Changed the fuel filter and now it has alot more get up and go.....black crap poured out of the old filter. I bet it was the original motorcraft filter.

Recently learned a lesson about after market keys. the orignal owner gave me 2 home depot made keys. I tried to use one and it took me 3 hours to decide it might be the key!!!!! LOL put the factory key in and it fired right up

Back