New to the Site | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New to the Site

TravisITGuy

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
Good day, and Merry Christmas.

I live in Central Oregon. Bought my wife a loaded 2016 Explorer XLT standard V6. Found this site while searching for solutions to various issues we are having now with the rig.

1. Defrost/heated seats dont work when using the remote start function. Local ford dealer has looked at the rig and confirms this function isnt working correctly yet Corporate has told them not to work on it further until a solution is found. We have also called corporate and started a claim/case with them and have since given this number to our dealership service manager with still no change.

2. Windshield wipers wont turn off. you can increase and decrease the speed but they will remain on even when the switch is off. Tried the auto wipe setting with no change in behavior.

aside from these 2 issues we have been very happy with the rig.

Welcome to the forum Travis.

I have not attempted anything as of yet. The explorer is still under warranty so we are just working to schedule something with Ford. the wiper has only done this a few other random times since my initial post. I just hope it is still acting up when we take it in.

Back