• Register Today It's free!

New to this board

RedRover

Reaction score
City, State
Puerto Rico
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Steeda XLT
Hi I've been ghosting this board for about 2 weeks now. Two months ago I bought my X a '98 Steeda #001 for that year. This is my first SUV and coming from a 2000 jetta 2.0 the transition is more than welcomed.

now on to my first volley of "newbie" questions:

What transmission do I have?

Is there a VIN decoder on the net?

Has anyone changed from the 6 psi OE Powerdyne pulley to a smaller unit? what is involved?

Electric fan worth it?

Sylvania Silverstars worth it?

Ever seen a vertical billet grill?

One of my belts squells like all hell on cold start and cometimes with the AC running I just had it replaced and was told it was tightened to spec any suggestions, tricks, tips?

Apten chip the best option for a heavily modified Explorer? Most flash programmers indicate incompatability with third party heads, headers, and superchargers whereas apten customizes to the application.

Anybody seen this on stylin concepts yet? I would love these if they worked
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm?categoryid=25&subcategoryid=181&partfamilyid=1251&brandid=0

Where can I get these Red Tails??? and the "spoiler"
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/210000-210999/210038_158_full.jpg

Is the best way to paint the plastic portions of a bumper to coat with primer sand coat sand etc. until the texture is filled and then paint???

If you take off the nickel "chrome" coating on platic bumpers/grillsthen primer and paint will it last or crack and flake like I see on some low budget polyurethane kit installs

I have Cobra R 17" rims. Steeda equipped it with 255/55 Dunlop Sport Rovers which have been on since day one 27000 mile later they are tired what are some recommendations for tires? I live in Puerto Rico so dont worry about snow however wet traction is absoutly critical. I would like some more sidewall as well from what I understand that is where the 55 right??? Please advise I am going to buy 255/60 Pirellio Scorpion Zeros as of now wanted Toyo but the distributer doesnt bring m anything near my size (did I mention I live in PR :banghead: )

God I have hundreds more but Ill start asking them little by little in the appropriate forums so please for now say Hi and tackle a question or two Id appreciate the help I hope to become quite the regular here on this board

RedRover said:
What transmission do I have?

Has anyone changed from the 6 psi OE Powerdyne pulley to a smaller unit? what is involved?

Ever seen a vertical billet grill?

4R70W (AKA AOD-E)

A few people have ran 9# pullies, also changing their injectors to 24#+, fuel pumps (255lph), plus chip.

Seen vertical grilles on the Mountaineers! :D

Welcome!

Back