• Register Today It's free!

Newbie here!!!

rflores2323

Reaction score
City, State
Guadalajara, Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Hello!! just wanted to say hello to everyone! I jsut bought a 97 XLT explorer and found this site! I am really into the import scene with my honda del sol and wanted to mod my new purchased car. I live in mexico and will be picking up my explorer in Jan to bring it to MX.

so where do I start?? I was thinking of making all the lights clear first.. with clear corners and clear taillights etc... also switching the bulbs to piaa bulbs.. what kin dof bulb do they use??

well just wanted to say hi since I will probably be living in this forum now!!

here are some pics of my del sol ( I got the explorer to haul my del sol to shows also.. but Im not going to let the explorer just be plain!! hehehe)

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
custom interior!

Dead Link Removed
RED PEARL GHOST FLAMES

Dead Link Removed
relocated a/c controls with VAFC controller

click pics to make them larger and hit up my site
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ummmm guess this forum is not that friendly to newbies!! ;)

Welcome

Welcome to the site...
1st off... Nice ride I like the ghost flames
(I've always called them Phantom flames)

I can see that your X won't stay plain for long.. :)

as far as light I don't know but there are other's that would..

again Welcome

Actually the're really cool around here... I used to be big into the import scene too... I just woke up one day and was tired of it though... I sold the car, bought the X and started wheeling again... I hadn't been wheeling since I was about 20 and basically re-discovered it... I'm loving it...

Here's a write-up of my old ride, I still had it at this point... http://resource.crx.org/feature/1999/august_featured.html

She was by no means finished... But I had A LOT of fun with her while I had her...

At least now there is someone else to help me get on these yeahoo's when they start bashing the imports... You might want to find rockymntnhi on the board here too... He's in to the import scene as well...

By the way nice del sol... Little brother to my old car, I still keep a CRX in the garage but its bone stock, just something fun for the twisties though... I love the way you relocated HVAC controls...

Yeah I was just wondering becuaes I saw like 40 views.. but no replies.. so I was like oh ohhh I think they dont like import guys over here...!! but Im not like that I love all cars and respect them all... why do you think I got a ford now.. hehehehe..

well thanks for the compliments and hope we become freinds cuase I know I will be here alot asking questions etc!!

later

:D :cool:

welcome here is some basic info for you. Dead Link Removed thats the link to a thread involving altezzas for yours and also some clear tail lights. the front clear corners you can get from www.procarparts.com. the bulbs in yours (should be) 9007. good luck with it, and like you said as youll live here, along with most of us! :chug:

Geez man, that is a funky lookin' car, I can't believe you spent so much money making it look so weird...

I like it :D

I like the hood. I'd venture to say it's the coolest Del-sol I've seen... I am kind of into the import scene, but I can only afford one car, so the X has to be it. Some day I hope to own a Prelude. Hopefully soon since they took 'em out of production and the miles on the used ones will just keep climbing. Maybe I'll just save up and get a S2000...those things are SWEET. BTW, if you want to talk to someone that knows an absurd amount about PIAA's, I think Matt Adams knows a little bit about them, not sure though...:p His s/n is mattadams. Welcome to the board!

Your sol could use some rims...how much $$$ have you spent on that thing? Any engine mods? Welcome to the site by the way...lol I like both imports and domestics myself :smoke:

well I spent some mad $ on my del sol.. lets put it that way.. but its a show car!! thats why i got the XLT to be my daily driver! now Im going to mod my XLT for offroad use here in Mexico!! I will haev some fun over here trust me!

about the rims I am getting sponsered by QT alloys in the 2002 season. engine mods.. none since im swapping the engine to a b16 engine with a turbo.

Originally posted by rflores2323
well I spent some mad $ on my del sol.. lets put it that way.. but its a show car!! thats why i got the XLT to be my daily driver! now Im going to mod my XLT for offroad use here in Mexico!! I will haev some fun over here trust me!

about the rims I am getting sponsered by QT alloys in the 2002 season. engine mods.. none since im swapping the engine to a b16 engine with a turbo.

Sweet :D I can only imagine how hot its going to get inside with a turbo b16 lol Good luck

Back