• Register Today It's free!

No USB connection in Sync 2 MFT

dzeltman70

Reaction score
City, State
DFW TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Hi everyone, I know this is a Explorer forum however, we just just got our daughter a 2013 C-Max and it comes with MFT. The issue is that the USB connectors on the hub in the arm rest do not connect. The SD slot for the Nav also does not work. Before I replace the hub or go down some other path, I was wondering a couple things:

Does MyKey turn off access to the USB hub? I am trying to get that turned off.
Would a master reset or a fuse pull reset this?

Thanks for any input

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did a master reset, and pulled the fuse. Still no USB. I ordered a new hub.

Hi everyone, I know this is a Explorer forum however, we just just got our daughter a 2013 C-Max and it comes with MFT. The issue is that the USB connectors on the hub in the arm rest do not connect. The SD slot for the Nav also does not work. Before I replace the hub or go down some other path, I was wondering a couple things:

Does MyKey turn off access to the USB hub? I am trying to get that turned off.
Would a master reset or a fuse pull reset this?

Thanks for any input
I don't see why MyKey would turn OFF the USB connections. Did you able the MyKey feature?

Peter

I tuned off MyKey using ForScan. I am going to replace the hub.

This is a used car that came with one key, and it wasn't the admin key. In this used market it was a great buy but I wish we had that admin key.

Hopefully the new hub fixes the USB issue.

This is a used car that came with one key, and it wasn't the admin key. In this used market it was a great buy but I wish we had that admin key.

Hopefully the new hub fixes the USB issue.
You should be able to purchase a key and have it programmed as the admin key if you wanted to go that route. It's always a good idea to have at least 2 keys.

Peter

Back