• Register Today It's free!

obd2 auto scanner

ledzep68

Reaction score
City, State
watertown ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
Does anyone have any advice about choosing an obd2 scanner? There is the obd2 pocket scan tool for about $79.00 , then there is the obd2 autoscanner for $149.00. There doesnt seem to be much difference in the features.The autoscanner gives the on screen code definitions,thats about the only difference.I can just get a haynes obd2 manual for $16.00 which has ALL the codes. Any way, this is a great site with lots of good info by cool people. Any advice would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

get the scanguage from www.scanguage.com it has so many features, i LOVE it. highly recommeneded

just make sure you aren't getting JUST a reader - get a true scanner that has MIL reset/clear availability.

-Drew

inh said:
get the scanguage from www.scanguage.com it has so many features, i LOVE it. highly recommeneded
Ditto, good item for the buck, had a group buy awhile back, great price like 99 bux, maybe we could do another one.

In the Under the Hood and Driveline section there is a computers forum... some good articles about scanners and code readers.

Welcome to this forum! The new (but expensive) scanners have OBD I, and II reading capabilities. I'm not sure if they have the CAN scanners out yet, but it is a possibility. Just make sure that your scanner has the correct adapters for your vehicle. Some of them are capable of downloading everything to a PC. It all depends upon the price, quality, name brand, features, options, etc.

Yes, there are CAN scanners - but I'm sure he's just looking for something to scan his vehicle.

-Drew

Back