? on installing component speaker sys in the front doors of my '05 Explorer....Help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

? on installing component speaker sys in the front doors of my '05 Explorer....Help!

Dr Plastic

Reaction score
City, State
Newport News, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'15 Limited FWD
I was attempting to install a set of Alpine SPR-57LS components in my front doors and I was wondering if anyone else has installed these types of speakers in their '02 - '05 Explorer. I can't find a good place to mount the tweeters and the crossovers

If so where did you install the tweeters and the crossovers? Looking for some ideas and maybe some pics of your install. I have installed a set of SPS-57C2's in the rear doors already.

Looking for some ideas from the masses!

TIA

f5f10d1d.jpg

I am gonna put my tweeters right below the mirror adjust knob, almost touching it on that flat surface. The passenger side one I will center on the matching flat surface on that side. As to the crossovers, I dont know yet, I have to wait til I get my door panels off to see where I can stick them :)

Thanks a lot guys I like the install in the first pic as that is whwere I wanted to put mine. The tweeters I have are too big to fit in that space below the mirror switch. That's the problem! I then wanted to put it in the fabric area right above the window switches BUT there is a support right there befind the panel so it won't fit there either!

Back