P0430 in my 3.5L | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P0430 in my 3.5L

kevingwin

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 explorer 4.0 sohc sp
Got a 2015 w the 3.5L non turbocharged. About two months ago I got an evap code and the p0430 bank 2 code and replaced the canister purge valve. The evap code cleared and the 0430 stayed. Replaced the cat converter on bank 2 because the o2 sensors seemed to not be jumping all over w the obd2 data. Lights back on. Cannot figure out what it is, everything drives fine. Not that they are related but I bought a Dorman purge valve and it’s been clicking when I pop the hood, gonna throw a motorcraft one in. Any idea what my p0430 code could be now that the Cat on bank 2 is new?

Swap the 02 sensors and see if it changes to Bank 1. My guess is the sensor is bad if the cat is new

Swap the 02 sensors and see if it changes to Bank 1. My guess is the sensor is bad if the cat is new
Thanks, I couldn’t swap because the electrical wiring wasn’t long enough. Just bought a new OE o2 sensor for bank 2, fingers crossed. Would a bad o2 sensor not throw its own code?

Brand new sensor. Cleared the code and it came back🤬 I can read the voltage and it looks the same as the downstream on bank 1 as I’m driving. This is so frustrating

Back