Part #/Recommendation needed for Susp Lift, and a question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Part #/Recommendation needed for Susp Lift, and a question

unpredictable1

Reaction score
City, State
AB, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 blazer lt
I read TOO many archived threads about body lift vs suspension lift. I only want 2 inches for now since I have very young kids who frequently get carted around in the X. For ease of installation i think I'll go suspension lift.

Question 1:
If you had 2 similar Xs, one with 2" BL and one with 2" Susp Lift - would they sit at the same height? Odd question yes but I can see something like this yeilding different results.

Question 2:
Anyways I need a part number for a well recommended 2" susp lift kit that comes with EVERYTHING I need (aside from tools of course, which I have) I already have info for the body lift.

Cheers guys - man I'm cross eyed from reading results from that Search button!

It depends on what you're planning to do, I would think. If the looks are more important than flex, than you could use F-150 coil spacers for the front and either AAL or shackles for the rear. The AAL will be stiffer, making the ride a little rougher than it already is. If you plan on using it more off road, you have 2 choices that I know of. James Duff makes a 2.5" lift using new coils and shackles, with the option of extended radius arms. Another option is what I plan on doing, which is using 2" skyjacker coils in the front and new Eaton 2" lifted leaf springs in the rear. The advantage of the last 2, especially with new leafs, is when you use shackles or spacers, you're lifting it 1.5-2" over what it is now, not over stock. If yours is anything like mine, the suspension has definitally sagged over the years. Hope all this helps!
And I would say that due to the sagging suspension, the body lift would cause your Ex to be taller, and allow bigger tires, but would not sit higher...the frame and everything attached to it (besides the body) would sit right where it is now...

I saw a 2 inch BL on a 96 limited that is on this board (actually his name is 96xlimited I believe) Anyways this is the height I want - no ifs ands or buts :). But I've seen that suspension lifts are far easier and less time consuming to install which is what I'm after since I don't have a garage yet.

This truck won't see heavy off roading in the immediate future, but certainly trail blazing in the mountains.

Back