Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) Key Less Than Minimum Programmed, with RFA code B10D8:51-0A | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) Key Less Than Minimum Programmed, with RFA code B10D8:51-0A

oloyedd

Reaction score
City, State
IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014, EXPLORER LIMITED
Hello Guys

New member here; I just got a 2014 Explorer from the auction that came with no keys. When I tried to programm a new key fob for the truck it says I needed to erase the previous 4keys that has been programmed (standard required for ford). After erasing those, and adding the 2 key fobs (1 new, 1 used) I noticed the scanner feedback to be: ZERO (0) keys programmed as shown on the scanner (XTOOL).
I called in a key programmer and he had the same results.

But my scan tool did give me a fault code from the truck which is for = (Actuator of Remote Function RFA B10D8:51-0A, Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) Key Less Than Minimum Programmed,
kindly find attached scan tool report as any help or guide in the right direction will do I am not an expert just a DIY guy

Thanks, in anticipation.

2014 codereport.jpg

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm not overly familiar with this but is one of the 2 keys an Admin key?

Peter

After erasing those, and adding the 2 key fobs (1 new, 1 used)
Was the "used" key a clone of the first?

Were both keys the correct 80-bit keys (SA on the shank of the key)?

Hello Guys

New member here; I just got a 2014 Explorer from the auction that came with no keys. When I tried to programm a new key fob for the truck it says I needed to erase the previous 4keys that has been programmed (standard required for ford). After erasing those, and adding the 2 key fobs (1 new, 1 used) I noticed the scanner feedback to be: ZERO (0) keys programmed as shown on the scanner (XTOOL).
I called in a key programmer and he had the same results.

But my scan tool did give me a fault code from the truck which is for = (Actuator of Remote Function RFA B10D8:51-0A, Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) Key Less Than Minimum Programmed,
kindly find attached scan tool report as any help or guide in the right direction will do I am not an expert just a DIY guy

Thanks, in anticipation.

View attachment 450773
I use forscan for programming keys.

Back