Performance Mods | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Performance Mods

I'm actually a junior in high school. I still got a couple more years to go. What about you? And where do you go?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm a sophmore in college. But for some reason, this year costs me a lot more money. More want I guess. lol And tonight, I spent more than $30 going out with my girlfriend so my parents are gonna be mad! :p

Oh well. They're loss. Are you spending their money on all this?

60% of the money I used is mine. The rest are my parents. They pay for one of my credit cards, which includes gas, maintanace, and things I bought for school. I pay for my other credit card, which includes girlfriend, stuff I want, mods for my X, etc... They pay for my insurance...well, my truck too. So if they froze my assets, I did not complain. I'm not happy about it but I didn't complain.

i'm a freshmen an asu. my parents bought my x too. it was driven by my dad for almost 4 years before i got it, and it is now paid off completely. so i just pay insurance. that was a great graduation present, a x. they figure that i would drive it to school for a couple of years then i could use it as a down payment for my next car, which i would have to buy on my own. The thing is they don't realize that i will probably keep the x for ever. when it really breaks down in three of four more years, i will just have to do a serious rebuild. maybe a 347 and a new tranny, heh, heh. They probably think i will trade it on a honda or something.

I got mine as a graduation present too, but it was like the right timing because that was when my dad decided to trade my 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited in. That thing was a POS. I also had a 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9Limited when I got my license in '98 as a handed down and let me tell ya, it's awesome!! Well...until it was totaled by some drunk. My dad said that we'll be keeping this beast for a long long time because it doesn't worth anything now.

yeah, i posted this before once when we were discussing those girls inthe s class. but my x girlfriend had a 5.9 limited for a while too. and i agree that they are pretty fun. except that it handles horribly.
what was funny was that neither her nor her mom realized what it was. They just bought it cause they got a deal on it and neither had any idea what the 5.9 stood for or that they had more power than anyone else. they just thought it was ugly because of the hood louvers. what a couple of morons.

I got my Ex as a birthday present when I turned 16. It was a handmedown which had been in the family 6 years. My dad says he expects for it to my car until I get out of high school, then I won't be able to take a car to college freshman year, then for sophomore year we'll trade the Ex in for another car. My plan is to keep the Ex as my car through high school, take it to college freshman year, then keep it til it forever. My dad doesn't know this. He'll find out rather suddenly in a few years.

Originally posted by expo5.0
yeah, i posted this before once when we were discussing those girls inthe s class. but my x girlfriend had a 5.9 limited for a while too. and i agree that they are pretty fun. except that it handles horribly.
what was funny was that neither her nor her mom realized what it was. They just bought it cause they got a deal on it and neither had any idea what the 5.9 stood for or that they had more power than anyone else. they just thought it was ugly because of the hood louvers. what a couple of morons.

Haha...they sound like my mom. So whenever she buys something, especially when she was car shopping, my dad and I usually get a closer look before she makes any decisions. The handling isn't bad. The suspension is a little soft, hence a more comfortable ride than the X.

Back