Playing Ipod Video Thru Rear DVD System | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Playing Ipod Video Thru Rear DVD System

Rydogg

Reaction score
City, State
Rockville, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Eddie Bauer
My Explorer had the stock Rear DVD System that came factory installed with the Eddie Bauer. As a result, it also has the red/white/yellow audio/video connections. I have been using the red/white audio connections to play my ipod thru the aux setting. However, I assume that these inputs could also be used to hook up a Playstation or Xbox or some sort of game console.

Is there a way to connect the r/w/y cables to the DVD player and have the video from the Ipod play on the larger DVD screen? Like if I had a video of The Office on my ipod, could I run this to be played on the DVD player fromt he ipod?

Does that make sense? I mean the car has r/w/y inputs for an Ipod. I am just not sure how that would work.

Please let me know.

RYAN

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ezgear-video-cable.jpg

run to walmart and see if you can find an ipod video output cord.. plug it in and you have video

I tried what you said, but then I realized that it is a DVD player, and not really a "TV". Nothing comes on the screen in the back unless a DVD is inserted. So that may be a problem and why it won't work in the car.

It would obviously work on a regular TV though.

Does that make sense?

RYAN

well isnt there a way when you turn it on the system where you can either go to dvd or input?
because in the new versions like my dad has his goes where you can plug it in and turn your unit to input 1 and hit play on the ipod and it plays but you can change it back to dvd and resume whatever you were playing in the dvd player before.. im stumped otherwise

You would almost need one of those old casette's with a cord from your iPod like in the older days, but with a DVD lol

Back