Please Help!!!! Calling Explorer Transmission Experts! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please Help!!!! Calling Explorer Transmission Experts!

Upon Closer Inspection...

... I found a bad rear U-Joint. :eek:

That would explain a lot, huh? :)

Back from the dead.

Ok so i have had this same problem! I searched this out, and read the whole thing.

Now i got one for you. I did my uv joints for my rear drive shaft two week before this started. Granted the guy put the drive shaft back together wrong..(well it was marked, and now its 180 deg off,) if that make since. I put it back on, no problem for a week or two, and then it started...My 1-2 delay( know what that is, and then the vibration. I got the best joints i could get.

Is there a possabilty that these went bad? or he ####ed them up enough to make this happen a bit later? thanks for the help!!??!!??

After I found the bad rear U-Joint, and went to replace it, I found that the new caps didn't fit tight inside the old yoke. It was very sloppy. Make sure your U-Joint is tight inside the yoke and centered.

Well the vibration only happens on the high way. It happens mostly in D not OD. I will speed up, in d. It kickes to 2 gear, i speed up, and then shift back to od and it goes fine...Does this sound like a clutch band?

Back