Possible to change default round tacho + fuel gauge when in Manual shift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Possible to change default round tacho + fuel gauge when in Manual shift?

vmozer

Reaction score
City, State
Slovakia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer 3.5 Limited
Hi all. Kinda hopeless here. I would like to change the default behavior of the instrument cluster display on the right side when manual (or sport) mode shifting is selected. It always automatically changes to the the round tacho and fuel gauge as shown below.
1708719108877.png

I would like to change this to either stay a whatever is being currently displayed with the addition of the Mx (where x is the current gear) or select something else as default - instant fuel economy in my case. The owner manual does non indicate how to change the default behavior described above, refer to SelectShift Automatic™ transmission (SST) (p. 30, 4th printing). I use manual quite often for downshifting when driving downhill etc. - old stickshift habits that help me to improve the mileage.

Any tips / hacks how to override the default behavior? Maybe some hidden service settings or Forscan?

Thanks.
Vlad

I have never attempted to change that view. I'm guessing it is a factory default setting. If that is the case, the software programming would likely have to be changed, if that is possible.
Perhaps others may have another solution.

Peter

I have never attempted to change that view. I'm guessing it is a factory default setting. If that is the case, the software programming would likely have to be changed, if that is possible.
Perhaps others may have another solution.

Peter
Thanks for your answer Peter. I find this default behavior (switching to the round tacho) annoying since you can have the bar tacho shown together with the fuel gauge. It is shown everywhere and you can see your revs when in Manual.
Vlad

Back