Power steering settings (ForScan) for 2018 Explorer (non-Sport) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power steering settings (ForScan) for 2018 Explorer (non-Sport)

metroplex

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer XLT
I saw that the FORScan database for the 2011-2018 Explorers was updated and checked out the PSCM (Power steering control module) settings and noticed that there's one for adjusting for torque steer compensation, active return to center, soft end stops, and drift pull compensation.

My 2018 XLT 4WD had basically everything turned off from the factory. My 2017 Fusion Sport had only torque steer compensation turned off.

I noticed my Explorer's power steering always felt over assisted and very easy to steer in a parking lot or in my garage in a stationary position. I turned on active return to center, soft end stops, and drift pull compensation and noticed the steering wheel feel "firmer" in general driving.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does the Explorer Sport/Platinum have those features turned on? I believe we all use the same Nexteer electric power assist steering system, so my theory is that Ford turns these features on for the higher end models to give it a "sporty" feel.

I saw that the FORScan database for the 2011-2018 Explorers was updated and checked out the PSCM (Power steering control module) settings and noticed that there's one for adjusting for torque steer compensation, active return to center, soft end stops, and drift pull compensation.

My 2018 XLT 4WD had basically everything turned off from the factory. My 2017 Fusion Sport had only torque steer compensation turned off.

I noticed my Explorer's power steering always felt over assisted and very easy to steer in a parking lot or in my garage in a stationary position. I turned on active return to center, soft end stops, and drift pull compensation and noticed the steering wheel feel "firmer" in general driving.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does the Explorer Sport/Platinum have those features turned on? I believe we all use the same Nexteer electric power assist steering system, so my theory is that Ford turns these features on for the higher end models to give it a "sporty" feel.

Old thread and all that, but one way to check that would be to compare as built datas between vehicles of different trims. I believe a member on here was in communication with someone to do exactly that a few years ago.

Here is the thread in question - As Built Data Download

And the link for as built data - https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Back