• Register Today It's free!

Power windows inop intermittantly

joatmon

Reaction score
City, State
honolulu, hi
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 explorer
The windows on my 92 explorer will not operate intermittantly. I can sometimes roll windows down, and then wont go up. occasionally, it will go up right away, but sometimes wont go up till later. I have already replaced the master control panel on the driver side door, but still get the same results. I have found a reference in my owners manual to a relay of some sort mentioning the power windows located somewhere behind the instrument panel. Unfortunately, the owners manual is not very descriptive. Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks

Mark, thanks, i'll give autozone.com a look for wiring diagrams, if I can find the relay, I may as well give it a try.

Again, Thanks.

BTW, as for window switches..........here is my thread:

A switch may or may not be your "problem," though it might be something to consider........IF, rebuilding your motor doesn't, "get r done."

Aloha, Mark

PS................most unusal point of the thread was a realization that:

I tried the continuity test on the new and old switches........they both react the same when tested........except, when installed.........the new one works and old won't.

Back