• Register Today It's free!

Question A4LD governor

stclist111

Reaction score
City, State
fraser, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 ranger 2.3,2wd auto
I have a 91 ranger 2.3 ,2wd A4LD auto trans, This last summer I had some shifting problems, changed fluid 2 times and filter. replaced indep servo, and put larger trans cooler on. The problem was, it would like be slipping comming out of first to second. I cleaned the governor, which seemed to be sticky a little, and I think it had been replaced before ,because it had a steel weight instead of an alum one. It worked fine, just had to make some small adjustments to the vac modulator,(new), However it seems to be acting up again, but just once and a while, and I'll have to shut it off and re-start, and it works ok. Is this a common problem with these governors and should I replace before the weather gets cold again (michigan). If I should replace, where can I get the parts cheap and fast, I had a hard time finding a governor before, I found one for $20.00 but not the weight or the gasket, I re-used the old gasket with sealent the last time.

I've looked over the transmissionpartsusa site and I can seem to find an A4LD governor listed.

All that I find is the governor weight.. http://www.sonnax.com/announcements/56615-35.pdf

Can you post a link to the governor, please ?

J...thanks

Back