Question about rear air conditioning control buttons in back seat | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question about rear air conditioning control buttons in back seat

100pctFord

Reaction score
City, State
Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer XLT
What do the two buttons do in the rear A/C? (With just the top button depressed the A/C fan seems to run harder and the air seems cooler.) Thanks.

PS. Another question. The panel on that bottom circle keeps falling off. Any tricks to keeping it on?
IMG_20220512_141053467.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1 the lights indicate you should be getting air from the overhead rear roof vents, the console vents if there are console vents(don't recall) and floor vents under the ds and ps seats.

Only thing I can think of is maybe try some super glue if the tabs are broke or worn out for that cupholder cover.

1652462000896.png

1652462053274.png

1 the lights indicate you should be getting air from the overhead rear roof vents, the console vents if there are console vents(don't recall) and floor vents under the ds and ps seats.

Only thing I can think of is maybe try some super glue if the tabs are broke or worn out for that cupholder cover.
Thanks a lot, Toddman. And--lol--I didn't know that was a cupholder.

Back