Question for CoryL or anyone with Dual front shocks? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question for CoryL or anyone with Dual front shocks?

AlaskanJack

Elite Cabin-Fever Captain
Reaction score
City, State
Centralia, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 , 93 & 01 Sports
I want to eliminate my front swaybar and found out that by adding hoops with dual shocks I could easily remove swaybar. My super runner steering rubs real bad on the swaybar connects.

My problem is that I just saw some pics of the Duff hoops and the super runner steering rubs on the front shock. I have posted some pics showing the rubbing from the members duff set up. I have ordered the Skyjacker hoops don't know if different. Can you see a way to relocate where the front shock mounts to the old swaybar brackets to get the shock above the super runner steering?

Didn't know if anyone has dealt with this and come up with a solution?

9485p1000487.jpg

9485p1000485.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i'd be interested if this is possible.

thanks

Can you explain any further?

It's kinda hard to explain in words without being able to point at something.

Basically it would be a bracket to bolt to the existing bracket so as to move the shock up. However you can't simply bolt in something to the existing holes because it would rotate up and down on the bolt pivot. So it would have another facet to prevent it from rotating.

Back