Question for DiagteK User's scan Tool | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question for DiagteK User's scan Tool

Frigzzi

Reaction score
City, State
Laval, Pq
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
I read a post last November from a member ( I think it was Dogfriend) that he can read the Transfer case duty cycle on his Diagtek scan tool. What was the version of Diagtek he was using?? I asked this question, because I just bought a brand new Diagtek version 2.3 and I have two Transfer case problems . When I looked in my all PID in the GEM module for my Explorer 97 I don't see any PID in regard of Transfer Case Duty cycle. May be the previous version had this one!!!!.

Any help will be appreciated...

Please excuse my writing I am french

Frigzzi

Frigzzi,

I believe the PID you are looking for is called "PWM Duty Cycle #1". This PID is for the 4WD clutch and it will give a "% duty cycle" value. This is a GEM PID and it can be found in Version 2.3 of AutoDiag.

If this does not answer your question, contact the support team at support@diagtek.com.

Best regards,
Ace

Thank Dtek,

I saw this PID in my GEM parameter list( PWM Duty Cycle), but I thought it was related to another function. I was looking for Transfer case something.... Now I will be able to diagnose my Tcase this weekend..

Also If you know a good Book which they discuss about All the Ford PID acronym and their meaning. It will be very helpful for me.. please let me know...

;) Frigzzi

Frigzzi,

The best source of information I can recommend is the Ford service manual. I don't know of any other sources for descriptions of PIDs. The service manual will discuss some PIDs, but probably not all of them.

A few PIDs in AutoDiag (not "PWM Duty Cycle #1") will show an INFO button when they are being read. This INFO button will bring up a message with additional information on the meaning of the PID.

-Ace

Back