quick help seafoam

thewishkah

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer xlt
ok im leaving in a few min to go by some engine and transmission seafoam but before i do and i mess something up i just really wanted to be 120% sure on what i am doing , can i pour the seafoam right into the throttle body? if so what is the best was to go about this with out choking the car but it still be effective and 2 for the transmission seafoam can i just put it through the filler tube and how much do i use ?

use the search feature, theres a really long post about seafoam, with lots of advice.

don't know about the trans stuff

for the engine you can go in thru the TB or use the vac line that is connected to the bootom of the TB. There are other vac lines also that you could use but some feel it is better to not go thru the vac tree in the back of the manifold. when you are adding the seafoam you want to work the throttle by hand to keep your engine going. If you have never revved the engine from under the hood you may want to make sure you are comfortable with that before you try doing it with a can of seafoam taking up a hand. The TB can be worked manually from under the hood. You can take the plastic cover off and have easy and full access to the tb linkage or you can use a screw driver to reach in under the cover and work the TB that way. if you take the cover off it should be easier for you to get to that TB vac line on the under side of the TB also. if you have a scrap peice of vac line handy, i would hook that up to the TB and then use it in the seafoam can. It makes it a little easier to do yourself if you have some slack in the line you are using. Just start to submerge the hose end into the can. When the engine boags down pull the hose end out while you work the TB a little to keep you engine from dying. Just keep repeating this until the can is gone, then shut down your engine for 5-10 minutes. start it up and take for a decent drive.

thanks for the info i do know how to rev the engine under the hood i did it the other day when i cleaned my intake its self the pellum was filthy u had to see the sludge that came off of it

Back