quick TT question

TarHeel085

And den
Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4wd
i will delete this as soon as i get an answer. but i did my TT today and i maxed out my drivers side bolt and i only got about 1-1.25" of lift from the front. my pass side bolt still has a way to go before it stops. can i keep twisting the drivers side bolt if i cant see any thread?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did it a while ago and got 1.75. I'm sure you can keep twisting but some explorers will only go up so high on the TT. Do what you want but I'd leave it at 1.25

Well then I guess go for it...I made sure I did mine evenly for each bolt because I heard that Its not good to turn one bolt more than the other but its your x

The tires will rub the top of the fenderwell regardless. They shouldn't rub your bumper but if they do you can do 2 things.
1.Space it out with washers
2.Take out the trusty sawzall

Also read GJarrett's post about his truck and you will find that your torsion bars are installed wrong on that side from the factory. The only way to fix it is to unload the bar on that side and position it correctly. :hammer:

well they dont even come close to the top of the fenderwell as close as i can see. but what you mean bout the washers where do i put them. sorry i can think straight right now.

You would put them on the studs coming off the frame to the bumper so when you slide the bumper back on it sits further out.

On my explorer it looks like there's LOTS of room between the top of the tire and the top of the fenderwell, but if I go over a dip at 30, it'll hit the top and make a nice horrible sound.

ok so if i get longer torsion bar adjuster bots i can do it that way right? but back to my original question can i keep twistin it if theres almost no thread visible? and how much does 1 turn lift it? Jason no matter what i want it higher in the front, so spacin out the bumper would work but it wouldnt solve the height problem. so iom hopin with height comes no rubbing.

screw i evened it out and did a lil trimming! turns out i didnt need to do it but you cant even tell. ill post a before an after in that section tommorow after i get a good pic tonight.

Naw that's what they're supposed to do. What did you do? Just got a longer bolt?

he i just twisted and twisted :hammer: realized i went to far backed em both down and im at about 1.75" in the front. so its bout even front and back, its lookin RIGHT though!! have you seen the picture of it in the elite gallery?

Back