radiator recomendations (to buy from) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

radiator recomendations (to buy from)

beach

Reaction score
City, State
south florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
Coyote F150
Looks like I tracked it to somewhere in the back of the radiator. No way am I paying the Ford prices, seems the dealers want between 300-400 for that plastic pos lol. I looked online and found various ones between 150-200 that were direct replacements/better than factory. But never ordered one online, any recommendations?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Might wanna look into Rock Auto many folks have bought parts from and seem to happy with the service they get.

Might wanna look into Rock Auto many folks have bought parts from and seem to happy with the service they get.
I'll check, Ia think that was one of the sites I found as name sounds familiar. I wonder though if AutoZone or one of those other places would carry a replacement? If the price is good I'd rather pick it up locally instead of waiting.

I'll check, Ia think that was one of the sites I found as name sounds familiar. I wonder though if AutoZone or one of those other places would carry a replacement? If the price is good I'd rather pick it up locally instead of waiting.

well you might have to wait anyways if your gonna go with Autozone since items like this are usaually special order.

well you might have to wait anyways if your gonna go with Autozone since items like this are usaually special order.
yeh just got off the phone Advance, have to order and $315. Rock and others are way cheaper.

yeh just got off the phone Advance, have to order and $315. Rock and others are way cheaper.

I would try NAPA. You want a lifetime warranty and a local place if possible incase it goes bad. Its a pain to ship that thing.

Very low price!!!??? I see where this radiator is only a "single" row radiator. I know my 96 4.0 had a double row of cooling fins and tubes. Make sure this matches what you have and will provide adequate cooling.

EE

Very low price!!!??? I see where this radiator is only a "single" row radiator. I know my 96 4.0 had a double row of cooling fins and tubes. Make sure this matches what you have and will provide adequate cooling.

EE
Yeh they have some different ones at same prices but show that same pic over and over. I'd have to check with them to be sure. What I don't get is why they are listed only up to 99', far as I know there is no radiator difference between 99' and 01'??

EE

That is true. I had 2 row. I believe the V8 has 2 row as well. That radiator is probably made in China. Quality is a crapshoot. Lifetime warranty means nothing when it cost $5 to make it.

I bought a Visteon (Ford supplier) radiator, their tech support told me many off brands barely give OEM cooling capability..

I couldn't trust a no name brand for something so important, maybe that is just me. Spectra Premium, Visteon, TransPro,GoDan are good names.

That is true. I had 2 row. I believe the V8 has 2 row as well. That radiator is probably made in China. Quality is a crapshoot. Lifetime warranty means nothing when it cost $5 to make it.

I bought a Visteon (Ford supplier) radiator, their tech support told me many off brands barely give OEM cooling capability..

I couldn't trust a no name brand for something so important, maybe that is just me. Spectra Premium, Visteon, TransPro,GoDan are good names.
How can I be sure? I check Rock Auto and with those brands it says something like no guarantee, manufacturer has the right to send what they want, if you order a two row you may end up with a 1 row. WTF, thats retarded.

edit - even weirder is I'm calling around nobody carries a 2 row for these 5.0s, they all seem to be 1 row. And looking online seems people with other makes are having the same issues with radiator replacements always missing a row, i.e. need a 4 row and only 3 row is available, 2 row and can only find 1 row etc.

How can I be sure? I check Rock Auto and with those brands it says something like no guarantee, manufacturer has the right to send what they want, if you order a two row you may end up with a 1 row. WTF, thats retarded.

edit - even weirder is I'm calling around nobody carries a 2 row for these 5.0s, they all seem to be 1 row. And looking online seems people with other makes are having the same issues with radiator replacements always missing a row, i.e. need a 4 row and only 3 row is available, 2 row and can only find 1 row etc.
Sometimes details are changed in the aftermarket. You are usually safe with some kind of name brand.

Lots of those cheap noname radiators are used by collision shops...if it leaks in 2 years you just replace it.

Sometimes details are changed in the aftermarket. You are usually safe with some kind of name brand.

Lots of those cheap noname radiators are used by collision shops...if it leaks in 2 years you just replace it.
Yeh I just ordered one should be here Sat, possibly tomorrow. What I was told was the aftermarket replacements are designed to be just as efficient without the extra row(s) needed. Which sounds reasonable when I look at the specs and see some of the 1 rows better then the 2 row factory unit.

Back