RE 12" x.. or 12" Magnum D2

Nate1

All 4 wheels locked
Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville/Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 FZJ-80
Which would you get, if box space isnt a big issue? You can get two Magnums or one RE x.., and you have an Audiobahn A2200HC to power whatever. Thats about 1600w rms x 1 @ 1 ohm. SPL Isn't that big of a deal, as both subs will probably overpower any HU without amping the front speakers...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ive heard only good things about the x.., but have not heard anything about the Magnum. But then again I havnt done any car audio research in a few months...

Call me biased (I have 3 x..- 15's) but the x..'s are just phenomenal subs for the price. a Single 12 x.. should get loud and sound very tight as well.

if you want smooth sq go with the x.., but the 2 magnums should give you more spl (more cone area) but I am not familiar with the magnums?

hmm

i am familiar with both subs, and have seen them compete, plus I've owned an 18" x.. myself.

I would say the x.. for a few reasons:

1. showoff: one sub being louder than the other guy's two 12"s makes you look cooler

2. lowend: the XXXs may be SPL subs but coupled with the xmax of 68mm total p-p movement you can get a lot of lowend (but the magnums could possibly compete...)

3. two magnums: 500 watts each - they don't want much more power, you have too much. unless you are competing.

4. 12" x.. - 1600 watts my ass! these subs laugh at 1600 watts, and beg for more. definately power hungry and will more than likely sound better.

5. xbl^2 technology - much better sounding bass, even with an 18" x.. ported in an 8 cu ft box tuned to 33Hz rivaled my 15" brahma sealed in a 2.5 cubic foot box in SQ. xbl^2 is simple, but amazing technology, you WILL notice the difference with it, you WILL think "this kid has mushy sounding subs" when listening to other systems.

6. smaller box capabilities (but I strongly suggest NOT sealing this sub, the output will be stopped far below 140dB if you seal it.)

if you get the x.., I suggest a big 4 cubic foot box tuned to 38Hz with about 70 sq inches of port. if you get the magnums, I'd suggest 1.2 cubic ft sealed per sub.

the x.. is definately a sub that won't break from abuse easily.

My 15xxx box is 4 cubes with 70 square inches or port tuned to 35 :D

I suggest the x...

Plus, the Magnums are on indefinate backorder... but I don't think he cares about my opinions, I think his heart is set on two Magnums in a ported box...
He isn't even a big basshead, he complains about his two 12W0s hurting his ears in a sealed box... so I refuse to believe that two D2s are not going to overwhelm him, much less a 12" x...

Either way, I don't think he realizes how much better these subs are than the mainstream crap he is used to, and he is underestimating them... :eek:

ive heard of x..'s but ive never seen them for sale anywhere. about how much do they cost like 10 or 12 or 15.

Back