Re-pairing phone to sync at every start up | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Re-pairing phone to sync at every start up

luvmyfords

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, Mn.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited AWD
Little problem with my sync recognizing and connecting my phone everytime I power up the system. I have to turn my bluetooth off and on with my phone for it to work, when connected, works great. Does anybody else out there have the same problem? Maybe it's just my phone, I have the Samsung Gravity-T 3G.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Little problem with my sync recognizing and connecting my phone everytime I power up the system. I have to turn my bluetooth off and on with my phone for it to work, when connected, works great. Does anybody else out there have the same problem? Maybe it's just my phone, I have the Samsung Gravity-T 3G.

Did you try re-booting your phone? My iPhone 4 was acting like that a few times with our '10 Fusion, but a phone re-boot took care of the problem. It hasn't done it with my '11 Explorer yet, but it doesn't get driven as much as the Fusion.

Do you happen to have another BT device that is pairing with the phone while Sync is also trying?

My iPhone 3GS wouldn't pair up last weekend, and I went through the hassle of unpairing/repairing. Later, I realized it was because my BT housephone was still hooked up with the iPhone when I tried to use it with Sync as well.

Did you try re-booting your phone? My iPhone 4 was acting like that a few times with our '10 Fusion, but a phone re-boot took care of the problem. It hasn't done it with my '11 Explorer yet, but it doesn't get driven as much as the Fusion.

It's not very often I turn my phone off, so yeah, that could be causing issues if I don't refresh it more than I do. Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Do you happen to have another BT device that is pairing with the phone while Sync is also trying?

My iPhone 3GS wouldn't pair up last weekend, and I went through the hassle of unpairing/repairing. Later, I realized it was because my BT housephone was still hooked up with the iPhone when I tried to use it with Sync as well.

That's what I was think'n also, cuz I had my phone paired with my aftermarket bluetooth (Parrot) handsfree system. I deleted it out and it's still doing the same thing. Even with my other system it did it once in awhile, so it must be the phone. Thanks!

Back