Rear Brake Issue 60,000 miles? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Brake Issue 60,000 miles?

billb1981

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
Howdy folks....

Was curious if anyone else has experienced issues with their rear brakes around 60,000 miles. Seems like all heck broke lose after the 60,000 mile warranty!

I've got a 2011 that all the sudden is making a nasty metal on metal noise. I'm hoping it's just the brake pads, but was curious if anyone has replaced them with less than that, or if there is a TSB I'm missing. I know it has alot to do with driving style etc, but just all the sudden it went from everything was fine to a wonderful noise. I was going to take the wheel off tonight and take a look, but before I take it into ford, or do it myself, i was just curious if others had replaced them with less.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Howdy folks....

Was curious if anyone else has experienced issues with their rear brakes around 60,000 miles. Seems like all heck broke lose after the 60,000 mile warranty!

I've got a 2011 that all the sudden is making a nasty metal on metal noise. I'm hoping it's just the brake pads, but was curious if anyone has replaced them with less than that, or if there is a TSB I'm missing. I know it has alot to do with driving style etc, but just all the sudden it went from everything was fine to a wonderful noise. I was going to take the wheel off tonight and take a look, but before I take it into ford, or do it myself, i was just curious if others had replaced them with less.

Hah, after I posted that, I noticed it.... :) Gonna take a look tonight

Back