Rear bumper cover brackets

obrke05

Reaction score
City, State
Ronkonkoma, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey guys,

I got rear ended a few weeks ago by a Honda Civic. The Civic went right under my Explorer. The poor Civic was destroyed, thank goodness the Explorer is mostly fine, just the exhaust and rear bumper were messed up. I had to replace the cat-back exhaust and now I am looking at the rear bumper. It is torn and dented. I was thinking of getting a new one at a junk yard.

I pulled off the bumper cover today easily enough. However, I see that the plastic brackets on the sides of the Explorer, that the bumper cover hangs onto, are broken. It looks like these pieces are riveted onto the car. I can't even find the part # to order them online. Has anyone replaced these before? Are they riveted on? And if so, do I drill them out and put the new brackets back on with screws or bolts?

Thanks for the help.

Kevin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does the part look like this? (Left side)
$_57.jpg

Right - 3L2Z-17D942-AA
Left - 3L2Z-17D943-AA

Wow. Great find! And cheap price too. Thank you!
The one's on the Explorer look like they are riveted on. Should I just drill them out and use sheet metal screws to put the new ones on?

Thanks,
Kevin

Back