• Register Today It's free!

Rear Lowering Blocks

Carl Slapshak

Reaction score
City, State
Howell, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
Has anyone actually used rear lowering blocks from a company other than Explorer Express? Bell Tech says theirs won't fit because the U-bolts won't span a 3 1/4" dia. axle as on my Sport Trac. Their U-bolts are for a 3" max axle dia. Also, the center hole in their block is "probably" too small for the spring center bolt. I hate to start the job and not have the right blocks on hand. I only plan on lowering the truck 1" total.
Thanks, Carl

blocks

I have a 93 explorer with two inch drop blocks in the rear from bell tech and they work just fine. Hope this helps.

Hey Joker,

Got a pic of the ride with the drop..i'm gonna go buy eibach springs today for the front 2" drop then save up a little more cash and get the blocks 3"drop. Do you notice a difference in the drop?? thanks

nick

You can notice the drop pretty well and it looks good, but i would buy some drop shocks all the way around becuse the ride is kinda bumpy with the eibach springs. I've had mine lowered for about a year now and its been cool but i'm looking into doing a bag system all the way around so that i can lay the frame. The three inch blocks in the back are a good idea because if you only do two inch blocks you get a raked look to the explorer. If i could do it again i would have gone with three inch blocks in the back end.
I'll get some pics as soon as a get my bag system all hooked up. Good luck.

Back