Rear Wiper Eletrical Problem with Diagrams | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Wiper Eletrical Problem with Diagrams

SupaSwope

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Mountaineer 5.0 RWD
So I have started to trouble shoot my rear wiper electrical problem. What does work. The pump does work and supply fluid to the rear of the vehicle. What doesn't work is the wiper motor itself. What doesn't help is I don't have a multi-meter.

Here is a little write-up I found that I went threw and all my fuses that I needed to check are in good condition

https://www.2carpros.com/questions/ford-explorer-1999-ford-explorer-rear-wiper-inoperative

One thing I havent checked are relays and don't even know how to. Or even find them on the internet?

Here are some diagrams

kLxpaah.png

jWPcaFn.png

eksZodi.png

Seriously all and any help would be great. I kinda don't know what I should do.

Many times the reason the rear wiper motors don't work is due to the switch for the rear glass not working. The rear wiper will not work if it thinks the rear window is open. Another common problem is that the motor's shaft seizes in the motor housing and sometimes the motors just stop working.

In any event, even when they "work" the rear wiper on these trucks suck. A common complaint is that the blade doesn't touch the glass in the middle of it's sweep. There's a fix for this, but it usually causes the blade to get stuck between the lift-gate and the glass due to increased tension on the wiper arm. I've spent hours playing with the rear wipers on my trucks trying to get them to work better, but it's just a poor design and frankly not worth the time and effort to mess with it. It's never going to work the way you want it to.

Even though I know it sucks. It kills me to give up on it so easily. I did the back hatch swap so good. I just wanted to try and get everything to work on this car like it did when it was new. Like everything works but that one thing on the hatch. Just gotta find out of its thw switch, reley, connection. what. There are so many freaking releys that 1 wiper goes threw lol

Back