• Register Today It's free!

remote for 94 limited edition

sparkypuck

Reaction score
City, State
thousand oaks, california
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer limited edi.
ok old remote for 94 limited edition factory alarm was destroyed, went to a ford dealer purchase a new remote for alarm and then they say its $125 to program it. i don't think so, so then i found out to is get in car closed door and lock it and windows up all the way and put key in and turn from off to start but don;t the car and keep repeated the process till car unlocks and then u supposed to press and hold down the alarm button till its chirps. please help me

I think you have the wrong process for a 94.

Gotta go to class now but if someone doesn't chime in with the correct one I'll find it for you.

Ok here the process I'm quoting from a thread I made earlier about a plug I found in the Jack compartment. Found Here

4737524420_711d4b0364.jpg

Here's the plug you need to find in the driver rear compartment with the jack.

and here's the process to program a key fob according to billmnfl.
I am pretty sure that is the plug that I shorted with the key on or in acc to reprogram the key fob for the door locks.
turn the key to acc or on, then use a shorting wire to touch the two contacts momentarily. the doors will lock and then unlock to tell you it is in programming mode, then push any button on one key fob and the doors will again lock and then unlock, repeat for up to 5 key fobs. when done, turn the key off and the doors will all lock and unlock and the programming of the key fobs is done.

Back