• Register Today It's free!

Remote Locking

JonC

Reaction score
City, State
Derby
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 UK spec - LPG soon!
Hi Guys, my '99 UK-model Explorer has had a small tantrum recently! The remote locking has decided not to work at all.

Long ago, it was absolutely fine. We then had a long spell where occasionally it would refuse to lock remotely or more often, refuse to unlock - typically just for a day or part of a day - but now it's stopped working entirely.

I have two remotes - both programmed and previously fully functional - neither works. Inside the truck, it unlocks on the door switches so the wired system is intact. I'm suspicious of a poor contact somewhere (unlikely on Ford, I know!) given the previously intermittent nature of the fault but have no real idea where to start poking around.

Any clues please?

Hi Guys, my '99 UK-model Explorer has had a small tantrum recently! The remote locking has decided not to work at all.

Long ago, it was absolutely fine. We then had a long spell where occasionally it would refuse to lock remotely or more often, refuse to unlock - typically just for a day or part of a day - but now it's stopped working entirely.

I have two remotes - both programmed and previously fully functional - neither works. Inside the truck, it unlocks on the door switches so the wired system is intact. I'm suspicious of a poor contact somewhere (unlikely on Ford, I know!) given the previously intermittent nature of the fault but have no real idea where to start poking around.

Any clues please?
Some lighter pug items will interferer with the remote lock. I had a thing for broadcasting my phone to radio. I basically blocked the signal. Unplug any usb charges etc.

Back