• Register Today It's free!

Removing second row console

MarcKB

Reaction score
City, State
On
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 XLT 4D 4WD
Hi all! New owner! I’m picking up my 2013 XLT tomorrow, and I’d like to remove the second row console. I can’t seem to find the thread! Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It’s pretty simple. There are 2 bold on the front that go into the floor. There are 2 more that go into the sides towards the rear. You should be able to access all of them without removing the seats if I recall correctly, I think you just flip up the second row seats. There will be a bracket sticking out of the floor. I think there is a plastic cover that can be used to cover that if you don’t have the console.

You might also want to read this thread

also check out this from the Ford Flex Forum it has good pictures of the process. It’s the same floor pans and console so exactly the same process (I actually put flex seats and console in my second row)Second row console removal - Ford Flex Forum

You might also want to read this thread

also check out this from the Ford Flex Forum it has good pictures of the process. It’s the same floor pans and console so exactly the same process (I actually put flex seats and console in my second row)Second row console removal - Ford Flex Forum
Thanks! Super useful thread. When you say "exactly the same", does that mean the plastic bracket cover used in the flex would work in the Explorer?

Thanks! Super useful thread. When you say "exactly the same", does that mean the plastic bracket cover used in the flex would work in the Explorer?
I mean exactly the same,100% compatible (2nd row seats), the only thing that could cause an issue is if you had a newer explorer with inflatable seat belt, those might require some mixing and matching parts. So if you get 2nd row seats, brackets, covers, etc they all bolt right up. So the plastic cover from a donor flex or explorer would work.
I’m running seats, brackets and center console from a wrecked flex in my Police Explorer which originally only came with a second row bench. I now have buckets, console and 3rd row from the flex in mine.

Welcome to the Forum. :)

Peter

Hi all! New owner! I’m picking up my 2013 XLT tomorrow, and I’d like to remove the second row console. I can’t seem to find the thread! Anyone able to point me in the right direction?
What are you going to do with the console?

Back