• Register Today It's free!

rough idle p1131 p1151 p0136

xploder98

Reaction score
City, State
Hemet, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Saleen xp8 #27
Got a rough idles and a bit of stumbling. Got rid of the p0171 and p0174 when I changed lower manifold gasket. My short term trims are 46% and -27% long terms are at 0% any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you replace the o2 sensor on bank 1?

No, the code meant o2 sensor circuit malfunction. I didn't know for sure if that meant the o2 was bad. I replaced both front o2's Prolly about 2200-3000 miles ago. Theyre Bosch sensors. But then again I have had a lean problem that could've messed em up. I did also have a pretty good coolant spill over the bell housing, o2's were unplugged. Coolant coulda soaked the connector. But I only had the bank 2 sensor disconnected. Bank 1 sensor is wired in... No plugs/ harnesses, had to cut off old melted harness and wire em together

If I'm not mistaken it's the pre cat sensor on the pass side causing the first code. Is that the one that had the melted wiring?

No. It's the one I spliced together. Will check my splicing connections

Sorry, it had a melted plug. That's why I cut the plugs off and spliced the wires together.

Ok the code was for the downstream sensor, so no big deal. But the exhaust is hot as hell and the upper radiator hose is cool all the way to about 8 inches from the housing. Can there be an air pocket? I'm bout to go get a thermostat

1131 and 1151 are for bank 1 sensor 1. That would be the pass side, pre cat sensor.

If you're thermostat is sticking you should be overheating.

I'm overheating alright. To be honest I didn't look at my temp guage. I can tell you my exhaust was way hotter than it has ever been and after I shut it off my exhaust was so hot that it sounded like there was water dripping in my cat (bubbling). Isn't 1131 and 1151 mean both front sensors are indicating lean?

My mistake. 1131 is bank 1 and 1151 is bank 2.

And it's best not to drive it until you pull that Tstat. One good heatings all it takes.

Well started it today to see how it did. Ran like yesterday. Had to keep foot on the gas to keep it alive. Stumbling, feeling like only a few cylinders, and missing terribly. Then after a min or two it smoothed out. Like it went into closed loop. The missfire was still there but it actually idled by itself. And Not to rough either. It did start stumbling again after a few min of being ok but within 30-45 secs it smoothed back out and didn't stumble again. It's definately not getting as hot as it was yesterday (that was weird). My exhaust is still hotter than it should be and after running my cat still sounded like there was water boiling inside of it. Same codes p1131 and p1151. A maf low sensor circuit code popped up for a min but cleared it and it didn't come back. When the 2 p1131 and 1151 codes popped back up i took a freeze frame.

Trouble code: p1131 & p1151
Fuel sys. Status: CL/ Faulty HO2s
Calc load: 48.23%
Coolant temp: 179.59 f
St. Ft. B1: -23.44%
Lt. Ft. B1: -0%
St. Ft. B2: 42.17%
Lt. Ft. B2: -0%
Engine speed: 1425.75 rpm
Vehicle speed: 0 mph

Do you guys really think it could be my o2's? They don't have many miles on em. But then again they are Bosch. And I have had a few lean problems that could've already ruined my o2's and cats. Lemme know Wut you guys think. I'm losing work and my wallets losing weight. This my only vehicle and I love er dearly :) BTW when it starts stumbling I have to give it gas or it'll stumble Rpms drop as it stumbles and it dies. But when it smooths out, it'll idle on its own. The smoothing out happens quickly, as if a sensor just "kicked in". Same as when it starts stumbling

Well started er up again. Took an infrared thermometer to each exaust port before the header. All were around 260 but one was about 115. So, while engine was running of course, I pulled the plug wire off plug #4 and nothing changed. Not even a bit. As if #4 cylinder ain't firing at all. Spark plugs clean and dry. There new wires. Maybe just a bad plug or wire? I hope.

Back