Second row leather seat ruined!

Boozie77

Reaction score
City, State
Washington, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 4x4
Hey all,

My wife spilled some kind of clorox product on one of our second row leather seats! We have the second row captains chairs with the premium sandstone leather. Now there is a nasty spot on the seat I have tried several leather cleaning products to no avail! Any suggestions? Can ford reupholster or replace the cushion? What would it cost? Please help I am so bummed right now :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey all,

My wife spilled some kind of clorox product on one of our second row leather seats! We have the second row captains chairs with the premium sandstone leather. Now there is a nasty spot on the seat I have tried several leather cleaning products to no avail! Any suggestions? Can ford reupholster or replace the cushion? What would it cost? Please help I am so bummed right now :(

I'd take it to an upholster shop and get a quote as I'm sure it's cheeper than replacing the whole seat. I'd bet it will be a few hundred bucks.

Leather seats are usually covers. Check with your dealer to see if the leather cover is available as a replacement part.

Clorox will bleech and damage leather (drys it out). May look fine now (except for the obvious discoloration but it will eventually start cracking etc). Take it to a good upholstery shop and they can pry easily match the leather used and recover.

You could check with Ford also what the leather by itself will cost, sure it will be more $ then a shop.

F#*k that sucks. How the hell did she do that? You should make her ride in the way back, teach her a lesson.

At this point, I think you just need to source either the upper or lower seat cover. No need for a new seat and they are TWO covers upper and lower. Gotta talk to you parts guy. This seems to be the best recourse for you, I wouldn't even mess with a good upholstery shop. Take it to the dealer on this one....

They will be covers and you can replace it but plan on $300 - $500 for the cover through the dealer.

If I "owned" not leased the vehicle, I would shop for a dealer who would give it to me at a 25% discount or better.

Maybe your selling dealer will do slightly above cost?

maybe the selling dealer will replace it under warranty. its worth a shot.

Back