Should I sell my baby ( TRUCK )???? need help...LONG | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Should I sell my baby ( TRUCK )???? need help...LONG

PUR PONY

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 LTD, 96 XLT, & 98 XLT
Hey guys- most of you know my truck.. the Black 96 supercharged Limited....
well a very good friend of mine has some trouble and REALLY needs to sell his truck...
its a 99 red clubcab 4x4 dodge dakota with the 5.2 liter... its fully loaded with 37,000 miles. The truck is mint!!! and it lists as is for $21,888.00 and he is willing to sell it to me for $13,000.oo. He owns nothing on it and owns it but needs to sell and would like be to buy it if i want. I am really thinking about selling my explorer and buying this. That way I can take the my left over money and get my dream motor built or my mustang!!!! and get that finished instead of rotting in my garage.

What do you think my truck is worth????
1996 Limited
fully loaded
91,000 miles
aftermarket stereo/ CD/ amps
9lb powerdyne blower
headers
cam
roller rockers
aeromotive fuel rails/regulator
42lb injectors
2001 front bumper w/ speed grille
tinted windows
mint inside and out
full exhaust
tow package with hitch
chrome cobra R's
stock rims with BRAND new bfg's
custom chip
75mm mass air meter
msd dis-4 ign
gauges
white faced gauges
shift kit
and everything I am forgetting

very clean- is my baby and i take care of it!!!!

thanks guys- I know its not a ford but I can finish my dream car!!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you kidding!?

Buying an Explorer: $xx,x...xx
Buying lots of cool parts for it: $xx,x...xx
Putting on all of those parts: $x,x...xx

Owning an Explorer as bad a$$ed as yours: PRICELESS

I'd keep it!

hmmmmm......I second that. Keep the explorer. If I were to buy a dodge, actually I do. I want to sell it to get either the durango, or the 5.9 R/T Dakota.

I know guys but its a good deal. I just dont like going from ford to dodge- yuck...lol
Im a ford guy all the way!!! I would really like a new F-350 lifted with 36s but then I will never finish my car... which is my new pride a joy and I really want to drive it- miss it lots...

Stephen: here are some pics of my truck with the cobra r's..... I really need to get my butt in gear and get UP-DATED pictures of it... these are from last yr.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1377951&a=10282253&f=0

night guys-

Hey man, my opinion may not mean a lot to you, but I think you should totally keep your LOADED Explorer! With Dodge, well.. you get a Dodge (need I say more), with Ford, especially your Ford, you get EXTREME performance! I think you should stick with Ford, and help your friend find someone to buy his Dodge for his full asking price, so in the end, everyone will be happy!!

Regards,

Peter

Keep the Explorer! (I think) it's almost to where you want it and its got to be the fastest explorer i have seen on the boards next to troll.

What does your truck run? Is it AWD? What does Troll's truck run? Im curious.

Tony 91 Sport

My friend. I saw your pics before, and said to myself, " Wish my X was that loaded with goodies." You've got my opinion....now go do the right thing! :)

No offense here but after looking at your photos I can not believe you are asking this question.

I made a similar mistake once and regret it till this day. Keep the Ford.

Best regards.
hg

Thanks everyone- ill probably keep it but time will tell.

Tony- I have no idea what my truck runs for times.... hopefully getting it to the track may 23!

Forgot to mention, photo 21 is great! Nice tracks left...

Why is everything so white??

VERY nice truck! I usually dont like modified vehicles, but that is a really classy and professional job. Keep it for sure. Hey, you say you have edelbrock shocks, what did you do about the air ride system? And is the ride any smoother? Thanks.

Hey Stephen- thanks alot. I CANT drive a stock looking car/truck-lol.... but when I do modify it I dont like OVER doing it. I also try to do my best at a professional job.

since my truck is the 96... first to come with the V-8... air-ride was not avaliable on the limited till half way through 96. My moms 96 V-6 Limited does have air ride though.... my dad bought the SAME truck in 96 but with a V-6 and after about 5,000 miles it had a weird sound in the front end that the dealer could not fix..... so they ordered him the truck I have now... Was same as the V-6 But my dad payed the difference for the V-8 cause it JUST came out....
The edlebrock shocks are nice. they are a little more bouncy now that I lowered it... I dont have the ones for a lowered explorer which were not out yet either when I bought the shocks- lol..... but I do like them alot-

The air ride is more pain than its worth. I had it on Lincolns and it constantly blew, I'm afraid of that happening on the Explorer too.

Again, nice truck. Keep it.

Dont do it! Think about this...........Ok the dakota is figure 22,000 now you'll get it for 13,000. Have you put more then 9,000 into your Explorer? I'm willing to bet that you wont get the book value plus the extra money you've dropped into your Explorer. For the mods you list 9,000 sounds like a minimal amount. Is it really a good deal? Save 9,000 on the Dakota to loose 9,000 on your Explorer. Just my .0002 Robbie

Your truck is really one of a kind, if I had one like it I would never sell it for any Dodge. In a few years I bet you could get a lot more out of your Ford than you could that Dodge.

Back