Siri and XM Radio Questions - New 16 Explorer Platinum | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Siri and XM Radio Questions - New 16 Explorer Platinum

JCrew7384

Reaction score
City, State
Jersey City, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Platin
Hi Guys

So I just got home from having picked up my brand new 2016 Explorer Platinum... LOVE IT SO FAR. The drive home was amazing!!!

Quick question about the radio. So I was listening to XM radio. Then I wanted to make a call using siri, so I held the Voice Connect button for 3 seconds or so, siri connected, I had my call, then phone call was over. However, what I noticed is that the MFT switched the Media over the Bluetooth Audio on the phone, off of the XM station. (I already switched the Auto Bluetooth Audio to off in settings because I hate when it starts playing when the phone connects)

Anyone have any thoughts about this? Is it a bug or just how it works? I also noticed that when Siri activated, the top bar on the phone turned purple instead of the full screen going to Siri mode. Is taht the Siri Hands Free mode as part of MFT?

Appreciate comments.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've had the same thing happen in mine as well.

Its a bug in v3.8 they are aware of it.

I have same issue.

I had the issue, I just did it twice, first time for Bluetooth second time would activate SIRI. issue is fixed in iOS 9.3 beta 2, not sure when that will be push out.

I had the issue, I just did it twice, first time for Bluetooth second time would activate SIRI. issue is fixed in iOS 9.3 beta 2, not sure when that will be push out.

It pushed out the other day Im on it now.

I will check the functionality today.

It pushed out the other day Im on it now.

I will check the functionality today.

Sorry, I have 9.3 beta 2(thanks to you) and it works. I meant I didn't know when 9.3(non-beta) would be pushed out.

Sorry, I have 9.3 beta 2(thanks to you) and it works. I meant I didn't know when 9.3(non-beta) would be pushed out.

Good to hear that has fixed it. I reverted my phone back to 9.1 and I keep getting the darn update available notice everyday. Hopefully 9.3 will be out soon.

Back