• Register Today It's free!

SiriusXM, Traffic, Travel Link

afab4

Reaction score
City, State
Stony Lake, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
Well, I contacted Ford through their "chat" with this question dialog and was shifted first from the SYNC chat to the VEHICLE chat and finally to someone who supposedly had more knowledge of the technology. That individual told me I had to contact Sirius to get the answer to my question. Thanks for the help. NOT!
Here is my chat question:

"I have a question about the Sirius XM Traffic and Travellink on my 2017 Explorer Platinum.
Ford Explorer sales media states this is a "paid" 5 year subscription to those who have the optional navigation system and that it is activated for use at the factory. However, Sirius own literature would lead you to think that you must have a paid SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription to receive the 5 year paid Traffic and Travelink.
Ford does give a 6 month free trial of the SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription with my new vehicle.
What happens when the 6 month trial ends? Do I lose my Traffic and Travellink unless I subscribe to the Satellite radio plan? I have no interest in the satellite radio plan."

Of course when I attempted to contact the Sirius toll free number the Ford agent told me to call, I couldn't get anyone to answer without a ridiculous waiting period. Enough of that.
Can anyone on this forum shed some light on this?
Why advertise something as "free" if it really isn't?

Two separate services. You do not need the audio service to have the travel subscription. It will continue for the 5 years without audio service.

Back