• Register Today It's free!

Skid plates?

adarkang

Reaction score
City, State
Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Eddie Bauer
I have a 2000 4.0L SOHC 4 door and I was wondering if a skid plate for the gas tank from a 1995 explorer sport would fit mine?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you don't get an explicit answer from another Forum member, let me know. I'll measure the skid plate on my '96 four door (same as '95) and post the dimensions. I might even be able to measure the gas tank so you can determine if the two tanks are the same size and, therefore, if the skid plate will provide protection.

I am almost positive the sport gas tanks are a little bit shorter, not sure though. If it is just slightly smaller or the same size, you could probably make it work. Just depends on the difference in size(if there is any).

bump... anybody have some skid plates they arent using for a 4 door model?

Sport gas tanks are smaller, only 17 gallons i think.

I don't believe it'll fit but I'm not 100% sure.. The gas tank on the 4 door is larger than the 2 door model. Not sure if the mounts are the same or not.

Still looking forsome skid plates.....

I have an extra 4dr gas tank skidplate. Only problem is that I'm in GA...NO way I'm going to ship this thing. Way to big and heavy = very costly shipping. :(

My 4 door has one. I looked yesterday. Maybe its part of the "sport package"?

I spoke with other member concerning skid plates. He told me there was a rather large discussion a while ago and no rhyme or reason could be found for trucks with skid plates or without. They didn't seem to be part of any package, although, I do remember them being a separate option for Rangers. I guess you'd have to search local junkyards.

Ok. Thanks for all the help guys, but if you do find anyone that will be interested in selling them please let me know. Thanks

Back