Smart Junction (SJB) Box Question - turn signals | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Smart Junction (SJB) Box Question - turn signals

Tike

Reaction score
City, State
Greater Philadelphia
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Ford Sport Trac XLT
These SJBs suck btw. MOST STUPID design ever.
does anyone have a wiring schematic (2008)?

i am getting a RR turn signal/Brake light out with the relay hyper flashing ( the FR turn signal works).
no illumination for brake, signal or hazard.
Replaced the bulb. didnt fix. swapped the bulb , swapped the bulb and its connector to the RL - worked. tried the LR to the RR harness - still getting bulb out and hyper flashing. checked and replaced the fuse but it appears the fuse actually provides power to the SJB for multiple things - both brakes, turn signals towing.

my question. when the SJB detect and error with resistance or w.e do they stop sending power to that individual bulbs wire ( in my case its the Purple/Orange) ???
IT appears the SJB checks load on each bulb ( front and rear - per side) and each bulb has a independent wire going to it.
how can i chase down a ground issue? Bulb out- if i have NEG probe on the RR ground (black/yellow) and the POS probe on the RR signal (Purple/Orange) should i till get a voltage but with faster fluctuation then normal?

i checked for Resistance on both the RR signal wire and the Running light wire (bulb out). i get a high resistance when on the Turn Signal but 0 on the Running light wire ( i think its blue/white)

Back