jnsnwt

Reaction score
City, State
Odessa, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT Sport, 5 Spd
Someone on Ebay is offering this LOL

smoother ride for sale

Here's what he has to say "If you want to give your 91-94 explorer a smoother ride, there is an easy way to do so. All you need is new center bolts (because your old ones are probably rusted and worn) and a couple of good-sized C-clamps. The bottom spring can be flipped over and installed upside down. It will give it a smoother ride by increasing the load capacity. This auction is for the two center bolts (one on each side) which should be replaced when you decide that you want a smoother ride in your early model Ford Explorer."

I do not think this is gonna work, what say you ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is he talking about flipping one of the leaf springs upside down? BAD Idea...

That would be bad....And impossible or atleast really hard.

Guys that want to lower their rangers a little cheaper will do this... that doesnt make it safe, but its possible. i wouldnt do it, no way..

Shane

So they take out the bottom spring on each side and flip them?

i think they just flip the leafs upside down like a mcdonalds arch, instead of a smilie face.. if you get what im sayin, and its above the axle...

Shane

All they're doing is removing the overload leaf (the bottom leaf in the pack). As long as you're not really loaded down, or towing something, this won't hurt anything and will give you a better ride. Tokico and a few other companies sell composite replacement O/L leafs that you can adjust depending on what you're using the truck for.

Removing some leaf springs period will give you softer ride with less load capacity, of course. I don't know about flipping it.:rolleyes:

If its an arched O/L leaf, then by flipping it the upper leafs won't come into contact with it as much, which gives the pack extra support.

Explorer O/L leafs are flat........flipping it would do nothing. If no O/L leaf, flipping the bottom leaf would be the same as removing it.

Anyone can pick up new center bolts at a local spring shop for a couple of bucks.

Back