So much blow by. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So much blow by.

Cevigney

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 exploder
Whenever I start the thing I get a nice black patch in the snow. Definatly NOT burning oil.. New plugs and wire compression is about perfect. PCV valve? I removed and looped the Cruise vacuum line and a mystery line me and a few friends could not figure out where it was coming from.

Should I just hook up a spark plug to the exhaust for a flame thrower?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Blow By? Do you have a rare turbocharger equipped Explorer? (yes that is sarcasm, they don't come with turbos)

What you are looking at is soot.... Carbon.... Your explorer is running rich. Don't be fooling around with your vacuum hoses if you don't know what they do either....

The Cruise was completely shot and flopping around. as for the mystery hose we had no idea where it went and I was ready to deafen myself from the whistling.

You had better track down where that hose goes. That may be what is causing your rich condition. The vacuum system in an explorer is really not very complicated.

When my wife's old Chrysler minivan was doing that, it was the fuel pressure regulator. Just my .02
Tom

Back