SOA/Shocks

Ryan1

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
White Bear Lake, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
For those of you who used the superlift SOA kit, did you have to buy extended shocks or do you use stock length.

and also for all of you that put you shock in the old sway bar spot, how the heck did you do that I can get mine in that direction with out it binding up.

Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I put mine where the sway bar used to be and had no problems with binding. I made a mount that bolted to the sway bar mount using the existing hole for the sway bar. I don't have any pics, but it is a simple shock mount with a flat back that bolts to the sway bar mount and two pieces that come off of that that the bottom eye of the shock sits between and I used stock length shocks when I was only at 6 inches.
Let me know if that helps

thanks for the info

Ryan

I used the swaybar mount too and I know what you are talking about with the bind. My bolt is angled downward since i welded the spring perches on to tilt the pinion up a little.

I was planning on getting some c channel and making a mount so the bolt goes from side to side insted of front to back. Sounds what Jacked has. Should be simple to make from the channel.
Example pic here.

You could also weld mounts on your axles, I have seen some by Warrior. Those could also be made by channel or square tubing.

Yeah, at first I used a single bolt coming through the hole on the sway bar mount, but it wasn't that good of design. Instead I just made a U shaped piece with a flat back that bolts to the top sway bar hole and then the shock bolt goes from side to side.

If you haven't yet decided I would just go with weld on spring perches. They are cheaper to buy, but will probably end up costing about the same, maybe less once you pay to have them welded on, unless you can weld them on. They are more reliable and less hassle. Just my $.02

Let me know if you have any other questions I am glad to help.:D

i'm diggin up an old thread. with stock length shocks, and the superlift soa brackets, does that work better with stock shocks or should i leave the stock mounts on the spring plates when i flip them and use them?

Back