something wrong with my rear window | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

something wrong with my rear window

DTDK

Reaction score
City, State
minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 sport trac
well, as so many other folks i am having issues with my rear window. i have gone through the initiation procedure about a dozen times and can not get any movement in the rear window, and i cant even get any sound out of the rear window motor. I have checked all the fuses and they are good. is it common for the connection at the motor to become corroded or unsnap?

any ideas would be great.
Thanks
Travis

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sometimes they just go out that way. all at once. i rolled mine down one night with no problems or sounds and it wouldn't roll back up. my mechanic just unplugged it and got it to stay up, thats how she sits now.

Same problem but it went away.

I had this issue a couple of years ago, but the problem vanished as quickly as it started. One of my kids had a bad habit of slamming that door, so possibly she knocked something loose and weeks later knocked it back in line. Who knows? But it has not given me any more trouble to date.

i have gone through the initiation procedure about a dozen times and can not get any movement in the rear window, and i cant even get any sound out of the rear window motor. I have checked all the fuses and they are good. is it common for the connection at the motor to become corroded or unsnap?

any ideas would be great.
Thanks
Travis

No, it's not common. There is a troubleshooting procedure in the FAQ's as well as wiring schematics. There are only two hot wires going to the motor (BK/PK Hot in ACC or RUN & YE/GN Hot at all times). All of the other wires are grounds that tell the motor what to do. View the schematics and check, with a test light or VOM, that there is power on both of the wires. If so, you have a bad motor.

When i am able to find a new rear trim panel, i will check those wires out, but until then it is not a big deal, and not worth taking the back of the cab apart just for that seeing as i will have to do it when i get the replacement panel.

Back