sport pulls to one side when 4wd engages | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

sport pulls to one side when 4wd engages

Mr.Fork

Reaction score
City, State
Scotch Plains, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
I have a 99 sport that had a bad t case. The issue I'm having was evident then but I attributed it to the transfer case slipping. Whenever 4wd engages, the wheels and steering wheel jerk left. What could the cause of this be? Possible that one of the hubs isn't engaging? How would I cgeck this and what would I be looking for? As a side note, I removed the front driveshaft for now and it doesn't pull in 4 auto.

I'm having another issue as well now where my 4wd hi and 4 lo lights blink 6 times. Could this have anything to do with me pulling the ds that the hall effect sensor thinking its reading wrong?

No one has encountered this?

Hey just saw this, are your tires all the same size? Are you sure your front and rear diffs match? If so i would pull the front apart and look there, I haven't heard anything from you, is the case working ok?

Tires are all the same. I'm not positive that the gear sizes are the same as I haven't checked rotation of the front. Aside from the 4wd lightd flashing recently while I drive it seems fine. I haven't swapped the shift motor yet since i pulled the front ds anyway.

Back