Spring over rear conversion? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spring over rear conversion?

bgracen

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the spring perches of a ford ranger 8.8 rear end lines up with the leaf springs of a 91-94 explorer? If not, approximately how pricy is a spring over conversion? Also, what is the best lift to go with for the front end, thats driven 60% on road, 40% off. I'm looking for good manners on road, with a lot of articulation off, extended radiuis arms are a must, and I'd like to stick with 31", but definately no larger than 33" tires. Would 33" fit on the 2.5" suspension lift from rancho and a small body lift? I'd like to know if the extended radius arms are better/worse than the stock arms with lowering brackets. thank you.

If you're interested in the Rancho lift, you must have an older Explorer. I have a '93 Ranger with the Rancho 2.5", and a body lift that tapers from 3" in front to 0" in the rear. I run 33" BFG's offroad on stock 7" rims, and with the swaybars disconnected and in seriously twisted terrain, I get slight rubbing up front. you should have plenty of clearance with 31"s. You won't get ALOT of front articulation with this lift, but much more than stock, and more than stock arms on dropped brackets. Sorry, I can't help with the other questions.

Back