• Register Today It's free!

Spring Question

93liftedXLT

Reaction score
City, State
left coast
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
I have a buddy that just picked up a 94 xlt explorer with a stick,4:10 gears, and he wants to do all suspension lift, But he doesnt want to do SAS,Cuss he said he can piece everything out, and it will be cheaper than doing SAS, which i tryed telling him SAS is the way to go, but he is dead set on his plan, so i am gonna go along with it.

So if he picked up a 5.5 superlift or a 6' skyjacker, with SOA what would be his best bet for more Suspension lift, cuss i get lost when he talks, he is thinking he will just get 4 inch blocks and shackles, AAL ,for the rear and 9" springs for the front with longer shocks, on 36's

Now this doesnt sound right to me....Does it you? cuss he seems to think it will work.

um a 6" skyjacker or the 5.5" superlift will be all he needs, those will clear 35s with some trimming... there is no reason to put on any more lift than that as 35s are about compromising o nthe strength of the front axle, if larger than 35s SAS would be the safest route....

just throwing in longer springs up front will not work.... and he is doing an SOA and still wants to add shackles and 4" blocks! holy crap, thats just stupid!!!!! blocks suck to begin with and can easily be spit out wheeling unless they are welded to the preches, but why? they offer no real articulation help or anything else.... and not welding them can cuase major damage if they do get spit out on the trail.....

What would he do to lift the rear more then ,SOA isnt enough heigth for him,

And he wants 36x14,50 swampers not 35's

SOA will give you 4" right off the bat. 2" AAL will give around 1.5" and longer shackles could give a max of another 1.5"

The front would be best with a 6" SJ with the extended arms. If he really wanted to he could sell you the 6" springs so you can ditch the SuperStiffs and really experience what TTB is all about. Get a set of 8" SJ coils.
The 6" will really only net 4.5" of REAL lift. 8" coils will get you near the 6" height. If he wanted to go higher in teh rear he could use a 2" block from a ranger.

The SJ 6" brackets are going to be the second strongest you'll get. Anything taller and you'll be bending the X-member they bolt to.

The only thing good Super stiff offers is the superrunner steering kit, even then it's marginal with anything 6" or over. Fiew mods to drop the tierods down a bit and he is golden.

Go with an F250 shock mount up front with some longer shocks.

Good to go!

Back