starts sometimes does not stay running | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

starts sometimes does not stay running

alpinejason

Reaction score
City, State
houston Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 explorer
First of all I want to say hello to everybody.my name is Jason I have a 1993 ford explorer with 213.000 miles it runs strong no burning oil or anything like that but it starts sometimes does not stay running.i so far have replaced the mass air sensor and it starts sometimes does not stay running before it would not start at all it runs for about 10 seconds then dies and if I tap the gas even a little it will kill it instantly.does anybody have any ideas of what it might be? I have checked the obvious things starter battery fuel pump etc.no access to a scanner since it won't stay running long enough for me to get it to a parts store or shop.this is my daily driver to work and I can't go to work until it is fixed.any suggestions please thanks and god bless

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

I have moved your thread to the Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers Sub Forum for better exposure.

Good luck getting it sorted. :thumbsup:

Please keep us posted as feedback helps others reading this post looking for a fix to the same or similar issue!

Some AP stores will let you rent the scanner for free they will just need drivers licence and card for deposit.

Thanks for the info.actually did not know that they would.just hope auto zone or o Reilly do this otherwise it would be no help

Back