01STrunner

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greer, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 SAS'd Sport Trac
There's a 2nd gen ST wheel for sale over on MyST and I was wondering if it would be possible to swap that wheel into our 1st gen Tracs? I dont really care if I hook up the stereo controls or not (it'd be nice but not a big deal to actually reach out to the center stack). I'm willing to just hook up the Cruise Control buttons. How hard would this be? I see custom wheels on buggies and classic cars but not sure if there's any particulars.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It doesn't come with an airbag so you're gonna have a huge empty spot, pretty much the complete center section of the wheel will be missing, just saying. If you want a black steering wheel I'd look at getting a 2nd Gen Ex wheel or a newer Ranger wheel.

Good call on the ranger. Mines flaking and just thought I'd upgrade while I was at it. I don't really like how thin our wheels are. Oh well no big hurry on this just thought I'd ask.

I put a steering wheel cover on mine, the steering wheel is too thin and gets dirty way too easily.

Yup that's what I did last year. Best 6 bucks I've spent on the truck and it matches the color perfectly.

Did you get the black cover with three cool blue grips? I have the same one. I think I got mine at Walmart three years ago.

Nope it's black and gray vinyl. I know which one you're talking about though lol

Back