stock radio wont turn on | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

stock radio wont turn on

bse73

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
i have a 02 explorer that recently went into the garage for some service work, when i got it back the radio and daytime lights dont stay on, the clock works on the radio and it will accept cd's, eject them, but nothing else. i asked around and was told they might have blown a fuse when working on it, but i have checked and have not seen anything wrong. maybe im not checking the right fuses or there could be one linked to the radio and daytime lights that i missed, any suggestions? thank you

What work was done? Did they have to remove the radio or work in that area? Maybe the knocked a connector loose or didn't reconnect something?

I don't know if you need locations for fuses and such. If you need an owner's manual Dead Link Removed.

Here is the fuse/relay info from my owner's manual. I have an early model '02 and my manual is the second printing so this info may or may not pertain to your Ex.

Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed

Thx for the reply, i do have the owners manual and tried looking at some of the fuses, they seem fine, the work i had done was a transfer case replacement, not sure if something was knocked out or crossed, i just noticed tonight that my cruise control doesn't come on as well, so its the radio, daytime driving lights, cruise control. not sure if that can narrow it down to pointing me in the direction i need to start looking.

Back