• Register Today It's free!

stupid question

Exp98

Reaction score
City, State
USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT SOHC
ok so i should probably know this, but could i fit my 2nd gen fenders, bumper and that stuff onto a 4th gen? i doubt it, but may as well ask. now for the stupider part, could i swap my 2nd gen dash/doorcards onto a 4th gen? i would assume not because of the +2 in but idk...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't see a way to do it. These are two completely different chassis. Also, the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked.

Why would you want to?

Why would you want to?
my plan is when my 2nd gen dies (inevitable probably soon) i plan to get a 4th gen v8 4wd bla blah blah and let my 2nd gen live on in that way... and also because im used to my 2nd gen interior parts and imho i like them better than 4th gen (maybe a bit biased tho)

my plan is when my 2nd gen dies (inevitable probably soon) i plan to get a 4th gen v8 4wd bla blah blah and let my 2nd gen live on in that way... and also because im used to my 2nd gen interior parts and imho i like them better than 4th gen (maybe a bit biased tho)
You can probably find a 2nd gen V8 that lived its life in the sun belt for a decent price. This would let you keep using the generation you prefer.

oh yeah i considered that... but the fact that the 4th gens are safer than the 2nd gens are inticing me more toward going 06-10 v8

I think going with a 4th gen over a 2nd gen is a better decision. One thing I would advise is to find a 2009-2010 V8 model as there were improvements made over the life of the 4th gens that made these years the a better choice over the 2006-2008 models. There isn't one glaring reason to choose these model years but a series of incremental improvements that add up to being substantial, IMO.

The ride quality would probably be way better besides whatever makes it safer. The ride quality of the 2nd Gen is abysmal.

ok! ill definately take that into consideration! 🙂 and yeah i just wanna let my 2nd gen live on in that way... not sure if i could make it work though 😅

Back